Why your brand design should be a reflection of your photography style
As photographers, we create beautiful visuals - a sort of 'art' in many ways. Every photographer is unique, having their own style - often people can see a photo and immediately know who the photographer is.
Being both a photographer and brand designer, I believe these are two things that goes hand in hand. When someone comes to your website, they should get the same vibe from your logo design, colour palette, font styles and website design as from your photographs. If it works in harmony, your customers will get a more true picture of you & your style.
A visually strong logo & brand design makes you look more professional, which is especially important if you charge premium prices for your photography services.
A great brand design:
- Makes you look as professional as you are!
- Is a true reflection of your brand & style.
- Is simple but effective - avoid too many details.
- Has a versatile colour palette with primary & secondary colours that reflects your brand.
- Has 2-3 strong fonts that is used throughout.
- Has a few strong brand elements to enhance your website, social media posts, etc.
- Is memorable and unique - you'll want to stay away from the standard camera/shutter style logos and have a completely unique design that works perfect for you!
Can't I just get a cheap logo from Fiverr or Etsy?
Yes of course! You can get a nice looking logo from lots of online sites, including these ones. The difference though is that it's generally an 'off-the-shelf' solution that doesn't take into account what your brand is actually about, to create a completely unique design for you.
I hope that these tips have been helpful! If you'd like to discuss logo or brand design, feel free to reach out!